joepub1
(Storm Tracker)
Tue Aug 10 2004 05:20 AM
Re: what will recon find?

Morning to all. Went to work yesterday afternoon, was having dinner a little after 5, checked the NHC on the cell phone, and wham!!! Two kids coming out to play on the first day of school ( here in Jax anyway).

But first a quote from Aug 4 storm forum by me about then TD2(have to toot my horn for the one and only time I might be right about something related to a TS/Cat?) :
a) I think it will survive, or come back to life after being downgraded.
b) The trough will become our friend, not our enemy, by doing us a favor and slowing this train down, but will not finish the job, leaving us
c) A weak, but getting ready to get it's act together, TS

I need to get this lucky on the stock market or poker or something

Bonnie is alive and well and being checked out at this time. Seems to be holding her own, but IMO more important in the long run, slowed down almost to a stop. Time is a bad thing to give a TS, because given enough they don't stay a TS for long. I don't think we'll see a huge blowup or anything, unless you think a strong Cat1 is a big thing. Size should increase as the front begins to pull it slowly N/NE. I just can't see a major headache just yet, but most of us didn't see Alex getting to his status either. Panhandle to Bend would be a first guess for me, but given enough time even a pure cross-FL trip is not out of the question. Not likely to happen though.

TD3 does look like it has found it's center. In fact, I'm thinking it should have a name, and by Charlie, I think we're going to remember it too. This one worries me a bit, because alot of things that need to come together to make it a major pain are in fact happening. It's going to be big, it's going to get pretty far west no matter what happens, and I have a plain bad feeling for this one. It's just in the right place at the right time; it's in my bones......but you won't find me calling it by any other storms name. This one is going to make a name for itself.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center