Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Tue Aug 10 2004 11:15 AM
For Rabbit

i like u. i don't know why you seem to annoy some people because you don't play with the plan and speak your thoughts or because your thoughts are often right.

I hear what you are saying. I looped the loop. My only problem with your thought is this...and give it lots of creedence as Charley has picked up speed as opposed to slowing down as forecasted by most trackers... He seems tightly wound and also seems to be moving more west than the forecast has talked about.

Also... looking back on Bonnie as it was and as it is I think that it probably was a TS at some point but it has always had a tight small core of winds somewhere and doubt that they found it on their trip inside. It didn't have the size or look of Charley ever and unable to support itself especially with such a small pin point like center and fell apart easily.

I don't see Charley falling apart as easily and think it has more going for it. Historically speaking it's in the Hurricane Graveyard I think they call it....but its zooming along not reading its press releases or this board. And, it has less shear. Bonnie had to fight strong shear and fell apart as you said.. predicted. Charley has a different set up, different look and I think a much tighter inner core.

So, I hear your point but I don't see it playing out that way. Though it if moves up to 25 or 26mph at 11 am I'll be amazed if it can keep up at this pace.

Anyone have statistics here on famous hurricanes that kept up at 25mph? Like to see them.

Going to try and log in..Bobbi

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center