LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Tue Aug 10 2004 11:58 AM
Allen..maybe I was thinking Allen and not Gilbert, thanks

Thank you. I think when I keep seeing Gilbert's size I am seeing Allen's speed, thanks. I was busy and living in California during those 80s storms and not tracking as carefully.

As for Rabbit and my earlier post:
For Rabbit again...

Bonnie died out around Central Florida Hurricane Center 2004 - 60-62 W when she picked speed to 25mph..

Charley is currently at Central Florida Hurricane Center 2004 - 66.3 going 24 mph and his center seems to be swirling well and well defined. He does have big color out ahead of him but don't think thats anything other than a strong band that will wrap back in..

similar track and speed but very different storms

may I add... I wish we had cords and advisories for that gap in Bonnie's track to see how the two really compare but there is that drop off in statistics til she was reformed

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center