GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Tue Aug 10 2004 01:34 PM
Re: Bonnie's IR looking better this am

I am no expert but I think the elongation of the storms connected with bonnie on satellite is the beginning of that turn to the right. I am convinced that if she turns back towards the east that elongation will become wrapped tighter and she will be formidable for the Gulf for a while. This is not to say that she will go inland as a strong or major storm. The day is young, but I think by tonight she will either fold or increase so that she will be the news maker for the next few days. Charley on the other hand will be making hearts pick up the pace soon afterward in the wake of Bonnie's mess. I might add, should either one of them threaten Central Florida as a slow moving tropical depression, we will have disaster conditions on our hands due to all the above average rains we have had this month and in July.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center