rickonboat
(Weather Hobbyist)
Tue Aug 10 2004 08:13 PM
Re: Here we go...

I'm not one to make everyone nervous...just aware. BY NO MEANS, living on a trawler at Dog River, in Mobile Bay, am I hoping this thing hits Mobile as anything more than a nasty 40 mph squall. However, since I am in a vulnerable position, I don't have a lot of time to decide to head up the river, or ride it out. Hence, my feelings that as long as any scenario is possible, plan for the worst, and hope for the best. My gut feeling is that, yes, it is quite possible the storm could explode to a cat 3, but was hoping for the "experts" to validate my worst nightmarish possiblities.

time will tell......

Perhaps I will be positioned inland a few miles.....on top of an oak tree. we shall see....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center