Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Wed Aug 11 2004 02:17 AM
Re: bonnie

I have no clue whether the information that was sent out early was wrong or not. I have a feeling it will be pretty close to what they issued. We'll find out soon.

Yes, I would check your batteries. Last night I paid no attention to Charley and gave Bonnie my undivided attention and today I'm doing careful observations of both storms. Timing is crucial and although Bonnie might not be a big storm, she has plenty of moisture. Charley, of course, is the one I'm keeping a double eye on since he's closer to Florida than Bonnie.

Then you think of all the rivers in Hillsborough/Pinellas and other rivers that are at flood level and even if we just get by with a brush of Charley/Bonnie, the city of Tampa may be the next floating city.

LI Phil...I wasn't trying to be flippant. I was just trying to figure out what happened. Maybe it was an intern, who knows. But I am very serious about both storms.

And I think that we will have Hurricane Charley at 11pm.
Amen.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center