joepub1
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Aug 11 2004 04:36 AM
Re: Steve Steve Steve

Having spent the last hour reading all the posts for the afternoon and evening since at least one of us has to work.....
I notice all of my fellow floridans that at least care what a hurricane is and can do have been checking in. I'm still trying to get my thoughts together and still have alot of data to sift through, but the one I can make now is it looks like we are going to take the hammer for awhile as Miami and the SE coast take a nap. Chuckie could still be a Cat1 has he passes over my garage and back yard swing. I don't know about the rest of you, but I hate my garage and really love my swing. This is going to be a weather event, people. For some reason I've had a funny feeling about this one. Don't know why, just have.

Does anyone else think we are paying the price for the waves coming off of africa so low? Low waves, fall/winter like cold fronts(in structure) in August; can anybody find an analog year for this mess? It hit me the other day when somebody posted that a nice looking wave coming off of africa seemed too low; they almost all been kinda low to me. Now we are getting long-trackers into the EGOM on a semi-reg basis

Strange season already, and it's just really started

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center