LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Wed Aug 11 2004 10:29 AM
Re: Bonnie Hangs On - Charley Intensifies

reading through posts here. this room is like a bunch of reporters at an execution reporting in any and every rumor to home base... every trend is mentioned

a watch is up for the keys
its a fast moving tropical storm, i imagine cuba will slow it down a little (someone comment on this please)

watch the whole pattern over a few hours not every new image on the NRL and dvorak...thats my advice... movement is a blend

as for west wind... maybe by the time the planes got to where it was going it left..

reading everyone, talk later
news here is in pre-hype mode but more impt than anything else... "heavy winds and rain" are in fridays forecast for Miami area

so when does Cuba get warnings
somewhere here please explain how that works, ive had a lot of people ask me why Cuba didnt have specific warnings in place

good morning, going to get coffee
my son woke me before the alarm to tell me he's on the plane and then threw data at me about charley and bonnie, sounded like this mornings discussion here... going to be a long long day

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center