Ronn
(User)
Wed Aug 11 2004 01:31 PM
Re: Convergence of systems and timing

It has been about two years since I last frequented this site. The possibility of Charley approaching my area on Friday has brought me back. I will post weather observations from my weather station here in Seminole, FL (just north of St. Petersburg) if the storm approaches as currently forecasted, or if Bonnie makes an unexpected jaunt eastward.

My thoughts on Charley...I see no reason to disagree with the official forecast track. Charley is moving far too fast for the trough to miss it. If the track shifts any, it will be more toward the west. If Bonnie were more formidable than she is, she could delay the influence of the trough on Charley, but Bonnie is too compact of a system for this. I think the NHC's forecast track is about right. Just another 24 hours, and I believe we will be able to pinpoint a fairly accurate landfall location.

God Bless,
Ronn

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center