Clark
(Meteorologist)
Wed Aug 11 2004 06:07 PM
Re: Hurricane Watches Up In Florida for Bonnie and Charley

Seems to be some server hiccups today - haven't been able to get around recently.

Charley's a hurricane now and Bonnie's up to 65mph. If Bonnie's center consolidates under the deep convection - a big if, mind you - it could strengthen some more. I tend to think it will remain on the NW edge of the convection, however, limiting it's strengthening potential. I think the window is going to close in 6-12hr.

12z FSU Superensemble run on both storms was near Panama City still for Bonnie, getting to about 60mph (which was relatively high amongst the models), with Charley approaching cat 2/3 status in a couple of days with ultimate landfall near Sarasota, on the left end of the 12z track ensemble.

UKMet 12z is out to lunch with Bonnie - it's not diving east and hitting Tampa. It's also out to lunch with Charlie - it's not moving into the central Gulf, it doesn't seem - but stranger things have happened.

I'll be heading down to the coast this evening to catch Bonnie as she comes ashore. I have a friend taking two broadcast-quality high-definition cameras along for the ride; I'll have some met. equipment to try and take obs. No Internet access while I'm gone, but I hope to have pictures, obs, and video shortly after getting back. Still holding to my guns of Laguna Beach, I think, but want to drop along the coast if at all possible.

Cantore & Morrow are going to the Tampa area for Charley; Mike Seidel is moving to Panama City for Bonnie.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center