LI Phil
(User)
Wed Aug 11 2004 09:00 PM
Re: Joe B

Been checking on and off all day, and he finally updated his posts:

Bonnie pressures have not fallen but the storm is tight and I think this system is going to have hurricane intensity upon landfall. Its east northeast to northeast acceleration is right in tandem with the so called "shear" and its yet another case where what we have to worry about is the idea that it is moving in a way that it is in the upward motion side of the strong jet to the north, and this leads to intensification.

I am already reading the poo-pooing of things by residents in the way of Charley in Florida. My advice, if you are told to, get out with all haste. There is a chance that Charley is simply taking the path that will mean the least fight with land possible before hitting the states. The slowing started yesterday as it didnt just suddenly go from 26 mph to 16 mph, and that being said the slowing and turning northwest could mean an explosive period of deepening is getting ready to start.

He didn't mention CAT strength for Charley, but earlier opined it could reach a CAT III.

Not really too much of an update, but he did mention the summer patters are like those of 1960, 1969 and 1985. Let's hope not...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center