LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Wed Aug 11 2004 11:52 PM
posting what i think..am sure many wont agree but its what i think

Things have changed a lot over the last several hours (since Charley slowed) and I think a door is opening up for Charley to come up through the Keys further to the right than we have been talking...but within the current cone from the hurricane center.

Check out THIS loop.. cause its easier to see variations in black and white sometimes.. please..
http://weather.unisys.com/satellite/sat_wv_east_loop-12.html

Now..below are my thoughts on why I think Charley might curve faster to the right than we had thought this morning.

Yes I could be wrong..will be glad to say like Rabbit did.. oh i was wrong.. But I think this option should be paid attention to..

Click here: Unisys Weather: Water Vapor Satellite Image tells the future like a crystal ball .. it shows us where the storm will go..

my crystal ball tells me that Charley is going to continue to slow and begin to go in the direction that the leading bands are pointing towards which would be more to the north as bonnie passes to his north

the ridge to the northeast of charley is buckling, partly from his outflow even and as the ridge buckles.. so will charley go..

south florida is not out of it.. hold off on declaring this a storm going up into the gulf west of the keys..

i dont buy it

and you can see the ridge trying to build in ...filter more and think charley can move more north..nnw first and then get possibly..really possibly trapped or stopped off the north coast of cuba near havana

sit and rest a bit near the embarcadero... then what? well..

if this loop plays out.. south florida could be in bigger trouble than we would believe from listening to the model discussion

maybe im wrong, but im good with the water vapor and this is what its telling me...

bonnie is moving in lower than expected and having more of an effect on charley

you know how you feel when you are falling in love?
you don't think quite right..you space out and smile
you sort of go with your heart and not your head?

well think charley is falling for bonnie and think the ridge is slip sliding away, allowing a door to swing open and let charley go more to the right than we were expecting.. tho the NHC has left that door open

and i think watching the water vapor we can see why

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center