joepub1
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Aug 12 2004 03:42 AM
Re: New Advisories are Up

Just spent well over an hour reading all the great posts since I left for work late this morning. Great job to all and esp. Mike, Ed, LI Phil, HankFrank, and anyone I missed for keeping the site up and running.

Those who keep late hours here know I'll be up till 3ish, so this post will be quickly thought out....

I'll give Bonnie one more shot at Cat1. It's going to be close, but gut feeling is just short. I should feel some effects from her tomorrow night, if she doesn't kick off some storms ahead of her arrival (which I think she will). Bonnie riding along a front should have a tail to the S/SE and I would fall well within it unless she just dies a overland, dry death. Just the warm-up act for us in Jax.

IF Charley follows the path from the NHC, and I think there as close as they can get at this point, Friday night/ Sat. morning will be kind of a rush. He would exit just ( I live in southern Duval) south of me, and I mean the margin of error is just so tiny. I could have a full-blown TS over my rear end trying to get home from work. Don't get me wrong, please do everything you need to do to be safe, I know I am. But in our(my) strange little way, this is why some (most?) of us track these storms, because we want to feel the effect of mother nature when she takes over for a bit. I'm one who doesn't avoid these things unless they are going to be a clear-cut stupid place to be.

I hope everyone on the SW FL coast through Orlando and up the east coast just does the right thing; listen to your local met office and heed any warnings or evac calls. But at the same time, try to soak in the moment, your part of history in a way. Then we all can come back on Monday or beyond and say "when I went through Charley in 04........"

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center