Londovir
(Weather Guru)
Thu Aug 12 2004 07:11 AM
Re: Charley Vortex-Wind Up, Pressure down

Ya know, Charley seems to be slightly north of where most of the models had wanted to put it. The last fix has it up to 18'12 and 79'20, which only the 12/00Z BAMS model wanted to put it that far northward. (I'm being really picky - the models were pretty tight that early in their prediction, but Charley's riding the very tip-top of the lines...) Funny thing is BAMS has it curving out and around Tampa and hitting Florida north, closer to the Suwanee River area. I 'm real interested in seeing what the recon data plugged into the models will do to them. I get this feeling the models are going to slide a hair to the east, though I just flipped a coin for that bold declaration.

I'm definitely saving the model graphics from the 12/00Z run to compare at the end, though.....too bad sleep calls, and I better listen as today's going to be a really busy preparation day for me. Laters all,

Londovir

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center