GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Thu Aug 12 2004 12:29 PM
Re: Bonnie Stays a Tropical Storm Changes in Charley Track

I don't think we in Tampa Bay area will have a good idea of what Charley is up to until around 5:00pm or later tonight. Until then, we should use good judgement and realize that the inland areas between Tampa and Daytona Beach need to be aware of Tornadic activity and prolonged wind. Even 45 mph winds will eventually wear down tree limbs, signs, and debris if repeatedly hit over 12 hour period or longer. The flooding will be an issue for inland too as we have had much, much rain over the last two months. Sand is a good soaker but, sink holes opening over highway structures and under homes that have not had new sod laid down in several years is also a danger. These are my thoughts this morning. I have to go to work and find out when my office facility will be shut down or even IF it will be shut down.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center