Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Aug 12 2004 06:35 PM
looking strange down there

Watching along with all of you.

Funny how old friends come out of the woodwork to email when there is a storm threatening. Some just get to the point.. I like those emails. Someone wants to know if they should evacuate their daughter from college in Tampa. Okay..well like where? Naples? Orlando...wincing.. bring them back to Miami??? Told them best advice was unless they were bringing her home now to Boca.. or sending her to NY for the weekend, tell her to hunker down safe in secure building, inland, etc.. I mean can anyone here tell someone with total sureness to send someone away from Tampa not knowing if storm will cross much further to the south of right? For sure???

Can't be sure..its too far away and south of Cuba. A weekend in Acapulco might sound like a good idea about now? Seattle?

great wave off africa ...took my breath away btw

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center