Londovir
(Weather Guru)
Thu Aug 12 2004 06:41 PM
Re: Charley's Eye

I'm here in Lakeland, and our apartment complex has pretty much said absolutely no to putting any plywood up that is nailed into any part of the building. Just wonderful. I'm contemplating measuring the window space inside the brick edging and seeing about wedging a chunk of plywood tightly into that place. We also have a balcony above us, so there are support poles in our patio, and I've had delusional ideas about stringing up some 6mil vinyl in between the support poles as a sort of "oh darn" tarp/spiderweb to catch some of the clumsy debris that might get coughed up.

I'm really being overly paranoid. Our apartment has a sliding glass door facing into a small quad of trees in the middle of a full rectangle of apartment buildings. Since the buildings completely surround the quad more or less, I'm thinking the wind won't be too bad since it'll get broken up by the buildings, but I'm more concerned with moron neighbors who won't pull in their lawn chairs and such off the backyard.

Oh well. Still have time to debate what kind of tissue paper solution I want to try and put up to minimize any potential damage.

Londovir

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center