Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Aug 12 2004 08:35 PM
kamal wasnt wishcasting..

Have seen them all through good and bad periods and have seen them hype.. this was a careful observation that we are dealing with a deepening front in early august and a storm coming up out of the caribbean into south florida in august vs one coming in from turks and caicos.

Im not wishcasting.

Norcross is sticking to NHC view and said that its right where they said it would be.. tho did indicate that SE Florida could get storms with stronger winds that expected because of size of storm and where exact point of movement across the straits is tomorrow.

But NO ONE and I mean no one has dealt with this...

On TWC..there is the old weather forecast for today, tonight and tomorrow. No one thought to change it.

Todays winds were to be out of the E..strong breeze
Tonight SE.. strong
Tomorrow morning stronger SSE

Well we are officially way ahead of that cause we have strong winds out of the S

That is a busted forecast on a small scale.

If that is and it is...how much more will be off tomorrow.

Don't tell me I'm wishcasting when the TV says my winds are 15 out of the E and I have 15 out of the S with a strong building Cat 2 to the South.

I think Norcross is obsessive on the reality that Tampa hasn't had a bad direct hit in ages and he is worried. He said it *could* make landfall as a Cat 4.

will see what they do at 5.. big decisions
hope they dont say its going NW becuase its more NNW

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center