joepub1
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Aug 13 2004 12:11 AM
Re: 5pm discussion/implications

I wouldn't think the NHC website would not update on purpose. That would be a good reason to lock up a few government employees, don't you think? There a lot of weather related web sites having fits today, but the NHC this evening has issues on theirs they need to deal with. I never did try their wap site to see if it was still updated or if it went down the tubes also. Glad I was at home today instead of work.

The NWS sites in both Jacksonville and Key West are staying up to date, and both have good local products also. In fact, I didn't know until today that the Keys were building a new NWS office designed to take a Cat 5 and the storm surge. The long-range radar is the big tool to use for tonight, and it's loading up very well at the moment.

On the other hand, the Miami NWS web site is a sorry excuse for a city of that size. I couldn't find much of anything there, and they are using that NRC graphic showing Charley going everywhere from that M city in the N GOM to the Bahama's. Blind leading the.....well I don't like their site.

Cuba still have issues with overflights by the hurricane hunters, or have they mellowed out a bit? Seems like they could use the help, we could use theirs for sure. Co-op is the best way to go.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center