Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Fri Aug 13 2004 01:39 AM
Re: Category II Charley takes aim at the Gulf Coast of Florida

You guys play it cool tomorrow. I've usually got more to say than almost anyone but I don't have a clue what's going to happen. My best guess that whoever wants the action gets some (and whether you want it or not, you're probably going to get it anyway). Obviously most people have all their rations setup, hurricane kits, party provisions and what not. Make sure your pets are accounted for if you have to evacuate. I can't imagine a 13' storm surge in Tampa, so I really hope the storm goes in south of you guys (with no offense to anyone). To me, the doomsday track is a parallel to the coast where all of the peninsula sees at least gale force and all of the west coast gets hurricane conditions from inside of the right front quadrant (and a push of water that would rival the greatest pushes of water).

Looking forward to the visuals, writeups and photos during the action. I have to admit that I'm a tad bit jealous that I can't get in on some of it myself, but I'll live to fight again another day. Stay safe and hit it hard.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center