Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Fri Aug 13 2004 03:51 AM
Re: 11 pm Disscusion

I think that's what they mean based on the happy faces of the local mets here in Lakeland. They're all getting a little goofy.

This is such a weird feeling that I am having now. I'm almost releived to finally know where it's going to go. Even though it's near me. When I was at the boys' football practice tonight, the weather was so beautiful that I could not imagine a hurricane coming through here tomorrow. Everything seemed brighter for some reason. It's a hard thing to put into words. Maybe I'm just weird.

That being said, I have some other news to pass along: apparantly, Tallahassee forgot to mention to the toll booth workers NOT to charge the people evacuating. It was bumbper to bumper for almost 4 hours. Then there was one toll road where they only had 2 toll booth lanes open instead of 4. I would have rammed my 'Burb right through those barricades, believe you me. Finally, the Governer had to get on TV to tell the toll workers they were not supposed to charge (I didn't know they had TV's in the toll booths, did you? ).........and they wonder why we had problems in the 2000 Elections????? Sheesh.

My NOAA weather radio is working just fine. My husband nearly had a heart attack at 4:40 or so when they issued a Flood Watch and Hurricane Watch/Warning. It has a very LOUD TONE. At least he has a sense of humor...he came outside and said, "Hey, Catwoman, the Bat Phone is going off in the Bat Cave."

Does anyone expect the winds to catch up with pressures at the 2am advisory? Are they going to jump another 15 mph or more? Or are they waiting for it to cross over Cuba?

To the moderators: sorry if I am going off topic a little bit; just a wee bit stressed and venting it makes me feel better. Thanks.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center