DroopGB31
(Weather Guru)
Fri Aug 13 2004 04:02 AM
Re: Lightning

I think I may have just changed my mind. Look at the Long Range Key West radar. Look how great the eye and eyewall is looking now. I also cant help but notice how small the eye and the hurricane is in general. We all know that while some hurricanes may be small in size, they can pack quite a punch. There is numerous of storms in the years past but Im not gonna name any as you all already know what im talking about. I'd be worried now about maybe some rapid intensification once Charely gets into the gulf. Latest forecast says landfall near Sarasota/Tampa area with sustained winds of 120mph, with gust to 150? if im converting 130knots correctly.

I dont really know how to feel right now...Im full of excitement because this will probably be the first major hurricane I track that makes landfall. I only got intrested in weather when I was about 10 or so (Im now 17). So Im thrilled, but at the same time I feel horrible for the folks in SW and C Flordia. I just hope everyone has taken all necessary precautions by now and have hunkered down. Hopefully the storm can hold of any landfall till after 6pm tomorrow as I have more football practice!! But please everyone just stay safe and use common sense. G/Night

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center