joepub1
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Aug 13 2004 04:19 AM
Left jab, right overland

Bonnie sent several tornados through Jax today. 4 people hurt, cars tossed around, an old hotel not in use leveled. TWC says everyone from SW FL to the FL/GA line, (over 6 million people in path) needs to be ready. Local stores did have a run put on them here today, mostly for the basics. Nobody's boarding up on the E coast, but Mayor said most of us could lose power (expected). JEA will turn it off when trees begin to break down the power grid. Could take several days to clean up that mess. Most of this is worse case stuff, but better than 50% chance of it happening. Local mets are on board with NHC, none went out of their way to make it sound worse than it is, nobody playing the hero. Kinda proud of them for that, overall they've done a good job. I'll give the NHC an A so far, but the final exams are tomorrow. Tonights call was the last one most people will hear, hope they got it right. I will say I think they have. I think I heard tonight it was 1906 the last time Florida took two storms this close to each other, most of us will hope it's another 98 years before this happens again.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center