Wxwatcher2
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Aug 13 2004 04:57 AM
Re: ACCUWEATHER??

To Lake To Ho Kissimmee,
your comment about local weather on TV. I think 9 does the best followed by 2 and then 6 a distant third. Very disappointed in six.
I'm afraid if the storm is indeed going East of previous track say over lakeland more toward Orlando that you'll see winds well above hurricane force.
I want to add just a word of commentary since its late at night.
I'm pretty much a life long Florida resident. The only real hurricane we've had in Central Florida was Donna some 44 years ago.
Although I enjoy weather and tracking the storms, the fact that one is coming over my roof tomorrow night is at least a bit unnerving. It's one thing to talk about them. It's quite another to experience one.
Sorry to be off topic a bit, please forgive me.
I'm both excited and nervous about Charley. You always expect the storm to miss you but this time it's going to come right to my area. As we've been saying for years, we wer overdue.
Firiday the 13th will be scary indeed.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center