joepub1
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Aug 13 2004 06:04 AM
Re: 11 pm Disscusion

Charley's half way across Cuba about to hit warm water again, inner core looks in solid shape. Good odds he going to crank up today.

For those who think you might be getting a little off topic, I will say you're doing just fine. Sometimes those of us from FL seem to get a bit jumpy at the first sign of a cloud, we do i guess. But we live with the fact that most of us have no where to run, there is no "higher" ground to go to. The NHC, the state of Florida, and soon the Federal government, are doing the best they can. The evacs in Tampa have gone pretty well, the call to make them when they did was outstanding. Some panic? Yes, but nothing like Floyd. Maybe we do learn from past mistakes every once in awhile. Just listen to the warnings and updates, do the right thing, protect yourself and loved ones, and everything will be cool.

At some point tomorrow, the rest of the board will notice groups of us not posting for a little while. Alot of us are going to be without power, but we'll be OK. I'm sure all of us will be back as soon as possible to let everyone else know firsthand what it was like. The Tampa/St. Pete area is going to get pounded, and many inland areas are going to take a hit. But there are alot of hardworking people here, and we'll get the place picked up and leave the light on so you can come see us ASAP.

For those of you in the Lakeland area, could you please make sure the Publix headquarters remains in one piece, since I count on them to cut me a check every week.

And thanks to all the Admins of this site, and to the small group who hung out at 3 in the morning tracking this thing. Good people, all of you.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center