firestar_1
(Weather Hobbyist)
Fri Aug 13 2004 11:15 AM
Re: 11 pm Disscusion

I only wish I could count on that report. We are currently in Port Charlotte, FL and with all of the news people says this storm is going to go past us and hit Tampa noboby thinks they have to worry. What worries me is that the "probabilities" list from the NWS site shows we have more to worry about than Tama does for a direct hit. I sure wish they would update their maps to reflect what their "probabilities" list calls for during these storms.
Thanks for getting this site back up this morning. I will check back in when I can. One more check outside the winds should start picking up here within the next 3 hours according to the local news reports.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center