AgentB
(Weather Guru)
Fri Aug 13 2004 03:35 PM
Re: Good morning all

Longtime lurker, first time poster. Great website you guys run here. I'm checking in from east coast Florida, specifically Ormond Beach(just north of Daytona). One thing that stood out to me on the 11AM advisory was the "pull back" of the tropical storm force winds. Hurricane winds still exist up to 30 miles out, but the trop. storm winds pulled in closer to the eye going from 125 miles out at 9AM to 105 miles out at 11AM. Could this mean the eye is sort of tightening up preparing to strengthen even more? Just something I noticed. Right now it's overcast with little to no wind, but that's all set to change relatively soon. Everyone be safe out there, and keep up with the excellent posts.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center