Jeffmidtown
(Weather Guru)
Fri Aug 13 2004 03:50 PM
Re: Ft. Myers

Just a couple more observations from here in Atlanta. Just got off the phone with a friend of mine who works at Universal, and she did sound quite worried about the storm as they have been following the updates all morning. She said that she was going to go an hour south to ride out the storm. From all indications and this is just purely conjecture on my part, it looks like Charley is going to take a path following I-4, but that's my guess. Also, one of Atlanta's top rated talk show hosts, Neal Boortz, is caught right in the middle of it all. He was supposed to be in an event with Clark howard and Sean Hannity in Orlando tonight, but Boortz is caught there at Disney World. BTW, Charley has been the lead story on all 4 newscasts here in Atlanta.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center