Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Fri Aug 13 2004 09:39 PM
Polk County

I don't know if the winds are supposed to be east of us now or west of us now or right over us. 2 hours ago, we were supposed to get the brunt. An hour ago, my husband came in and said we were gonna miss it. I don't know what the margin of error is, but Charley is a pain in the BUTT.

By the way, I am in south Lakeland about 10 miles north of Bartow.

I heard that report on ABC 28 and I feel so sorry for those people. Dennis was practically pulling his hair out with Don Germaise in Punta Gorda, telling him to GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT.

The wind is definitely picking up, as is the rain. I imagine we are beginning to get whatever it is we are going to get.

Stay safe.....

Colleen

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center