HanKFranK
(User)
Fri Aug 13 2004 10:21 PM
close to home

my grandparents are sitting in my living room right now. they were up here on other business, but kinda glad they're not down at home right now.. from bartow, in polk county. i have an elderly aunt and uncle who live in the vast strip mine/ranch land in western hardee county.. eye is just thirty minutes to their south. one is 90 and lives alone.. i'm not encouraged. wondering if my grandparents are going to have a habitable home to return to... center should move close to or over bartow in about an hour or an hour and a half. lots of stuff to wreck in polk county.. manufactured homes and trailers... i have more relatives up near orlando.. for once my post is quite personal.
i'm thinking charley will exit the state up near palm coast or st. augustine.. probably a much weaker storm for the carolinas.
first time in a while we've seen a hurricane on a rapid strengthening spike come ashore.. pressure dropped from a mild 969mb when i left for work this morning to 941 at landfall.. heinous.
t.d. 4 out near the cape verdes is way out there and developing early.. therefore it's long-term chances of making it across are low.
t.d. 5 is from the bonnie/charley school of thought. interesting to see that it's being assigned a cookie-cutter track right through the same stomping grounds of it's predecessors. not even funny.. but it has a ways to go for that to play out.
minor potential for development in the central atlantic near 30/60. watching with detached interest. bonnie still at hpc depression being tracked offshore.. looks extratropical to me. splattered.
i'm very irked. buckle down hardee/polk/osceola.. orlando metro. lots of wind coming. friday the 13th.
HF 2221z13august

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center