LI Phil
(User)
Fri Aug 13 2004 11:54 PM
An update and a thanks

Last evening, John C. let me put up my first "article" post. It may have received more "hits" than any other due to the seriousness of the storm. I am particularly glad I posted two pieces, which I hope everyone read and was able to take action on:

>>> While it is entirely possible this storm could de-intensify or change course, it is also quite possible this system could intensify to Category IV.
and

>>> This COULD (emphasis on could) be one for the record books.

While I would love to take "credit" (such as it is) for such a prescient prediction, this entire board, directly or indirectly, owes an incredible amount of gratitude to Ed Dunham. He didn't want it made known, for fear of panic, that this storm would behave as it did, but he tipped me off early Tuesday that this was going to be a monster. We're by no means out of the woods, but I did tip off a few of the regulars to the fact that we were facing a potentially life-threatening situation.

ED rocks! I will NEVER question another thing he says, and neither should anyone who posts here, and that includes the regulars who think he "EDits" too hard. Well, I'd rather have him slicing and dicing my posts (which he does quite regularly) than to not have his presence here.

It's still too early to quit being vigilant, but I'm aiming my first toast of the evening towards ED. I believe he's actually shoring up his own abode in Melbourne (well, he's probably completed those plans already).

Charley is still packing 80MPH plus winds so everyone in his path remain vigilant.

Once again, good luck and godspeed to all.

Also, I'd be remiss if I didn't also send out a shout to John & Mike for hosting this site, and to my co-mod HanKFranK.

Everyone be safe...
and...

>>> This COULD (emphasis on could) be one for the record books.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center