wxman007
(Meteorologist)
Sat Aug 14 2004 02:39 AM
Some reports....

A good friend and amateur radio buddy of mine is the Chief Engineer of the Clear Channel radio group here in Panama City...he is currently en route to Montgomery, AL to pick up 4 FM radio transmitters, then he is headed south to Punta Gorda.

4 of the 5 Clear Channel station in Ft Myers are off the air, the fifth is running fractional power. The studios have no roof. (they are located in Punta Gorda). There is currently no public service of any type there, No lights, no phone, no water, no gas. According to thee Chief Engineer there, there is little left in the area around his studios. The only way that the station could communicate their plight to the outside world was the weak fractional signal they they had left on their remaining transmitter...

It is going to be a long time before some areas recover down there...the thoughts and prayers of me and my family go out to all of you that were in, or are in the path.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center