LI Phil
(User)
Sat Aug 14 2004 09:06 AM
Danielle & Earl

Very early morning all,

Hoping all in the entire sunshine state made it thru Charley (relatively) unscathed. This was definitely one for the record books. Realizing many of you are (at best) without power, I send my thoughts and prayers out to you and your loved ones. They're gonna be talking about this one for a LOOOOONNNNG time.

Looking down the road, Danielle has formed and Earl is right behind her. Let's hope Charley spoke for Earl and he'll just be a rainmaker with some light winds...I wouldn't wish what happened yesterday on Saddam, much less a redux.

Right now, my neck of the woods is receiving Bonnie's remnants and Charleys' are scheduled to give me more tomorrow...with a chance of TS strength winds. Given what the folks from FL just went through, I'm sure anyone of you would take it...TS warnings up to Sandy Hook (NJ) and TS watch through NE. This one is going to impact the entire eastern seaboard.

Once again, my thoughts and prayers go out to all affected by this monster. Charley hasn't finished dishing it out, but thankfully, not on the scale that those in Punta Gorda et. al. saw a mere 12 hours ago.

To anyone who reads this and has power...back up or restored, godspeed. Morning light is going to shine on a whole world of hurt. As long as you made it out alive, that's the most important thing.

Peace and be safe,

LI Phil

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center