LI Phil
(User)
Sat Aug 14 2004 01:49 PM
Re: Here we go again!!

FP & GG and all...

Watching TWC (local news isn't concerned with FL, which sucks) right now.

Good lord, there's some serious damage going on. Entire communities are devastated. Punta Gorda is basically no more. Just to show you the magnitude of this bad boy, there are TS warnings up to Sandy Hook and TS watches up through Maine. Sorry that "Orlando Waiting" had to put us into reg. only mode. If anyone wants to scroll back and think I overreacted, send me a PM. But I think the seriousness of this storm and the damage that ensued justified Mike's action.

Have not heard (yet) from Mike, John, Ed or HF, but I am assuming they are OK.

Keep up the faith, folks. This may have only been round one.

I guess nobody (myself included) will complain about the "late start" to the season any more. 4 storms in 14 days. That's a season right there. God help us if September churns up another Isabel.

Peace y'all,

LI Phil

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center