joepub1
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Aug 14 2004 02:00 PM
Re: Preliminary Damage Photos

We are going to see pics like this all day. It's pretty bad to be nice about it. The eye just cut a path across the state, with by far the worse damage on the SW side, but it's in the 15 to 20 billion dollar range. We got rain with some wind in N FL, with Charley going over Daytona last night after pasing Orlando. The speed of the storm seemed to get people in and out of it quickly, as far as the intence part was concerned. I talked to some friends further south, and it was like they had this feeling of relief that it was over at last. A really bad hour or two for them, just scared the wits out of them. They don't want to do this again anytime soon. I didn't have the nerve to mention TD 5 to them. They need some time to regroup.

Here in Jacksonville, a few tornado's from Bonnie, and rain for the most part. Have not talked to anybody in Daytona this morning, I think they are OK. Last night as Charley pulled away, we were in the north-western, then western part of him, TS conditions from I95 east, some good rainbands, but no problem at all.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center