Jeffmidtown
(Weather Guru)
Sat Aug 14 2004 02:38 PM
Re: Preliminary Damage Photos

Here in Atlanta, watching the coverage between TWC, CNN, FNC, MSNBC and the local affiliates and I am just heartbroken by viewing all the damage . What sent a cold chill up my spine was when I first started watching was a crawl saying they were ordering 60 body bags in Punta Gorda. Let's hope and pray they don't need to use one.

Other thoughts, CNN has John Zerella and ANderson Cooper in Punta Gorda.....CNN has also been featuring video from their affiliates in CHarleston and in Raleigh, NC...looks like major flooding in Raleigh as they just reported that Crabtree Creek is at 11' right now and rising. Also saw some pictures from OIA, haven't heard of any damage reports from the resort area in Orlando...

To all of those recovering in Florida right now, our thoughts and prayers are with you, and from another post, Earl does look eeirly familiar too.....

Finally, the ONLY good thing this hurricane has brought is at least there's no political coverage this morning.....

Amen, Brother.--HF

Good Luck and God Bless

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center