joepub1
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Aug 14 2004 03:07 PM
Re: Preliminary Damage Photos

I understand what your saying. I'm very sorry, for we went through this in 92. The weather channel is a commerical cable station that does as well as can be expected. I did not hear a single word that Dr. Lyons said, for I do not turn on TWC for events like these because of the hype. Some counties, with a Cat 2-3-4 storm sitting to their southwest decided not to go as far as Tampa did, and paid a price not worth paying.

I can't really think of anything to say about the people in the trailer park. People sometimes cling to what little they have, and won't leave, or as you said can't leave without help or encouragement. It's a problem that may never be solved, I'm sure shelters were open, and we can only hope it never happens again.

I ran into people yesterday who did not know, and a few who did not care that a hurricane was on the way. In their own state. Heading toward them. I'm still not sure how some people make it through life.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center