Rabbit
(Weather Master)
Sat Aug 14 2004 05:40 PM
Re: Earl next

Im back after several hours with the nearest computer being broken. I live in northern Brevard county, decided at 7:30 last night to drive around. Used an anemometer, measured SUSTAINED winds at 79mph, gusts to 100. (stood outside for a while; took these measurements from the car though after it picked up some more.) Gusty winds continued until after midnight. Lots of rain here, but no flooding. Most damage here was roof tiles blown off or trees blown over. I did see a pole laying across the power lines though, and ost of my area (oddly enough except me) is without power. Not a major, but still pretty strong, and I am ready and waiting if another system should affect this area.

As for the other two systems, it looks like Danielle will likely become a hurricane tomorrow as an eye is showing up on visible imagery.

TD5 will probably be Earl by the end of the day, as convective bands are beginning to wrap around the center and become better organized. Think this will also become a hurricane, and could head towards Louisiana or Texas this time.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center