BillD
(User)
Sun Aug 15 2004 12:44 AM
Re: news coverage

I would agree something is defintely different about this season. I think the NHC is noticing it too, to the point they are mentioning it in their discussions (see danielw's post).

But as far as Charley's path, I don't see it much different than Andrew. The energy of the storm was tight and compact around the center, just like Andrew. I rode out Andrew about a mile south of my house, and just in that mile, the damage difference was night and day, my place was virtually untouched, while a mile south all the trees were stripped of their leaves and/or flattened. And then go ten miles further south, and it was total devastation, go 20 miles south of that, and just a few tree limbs down.

I don't buy into Danielle recurving way east. I can't say why, but looking at the global models, I just don't see why it would. If someone with more knowledge in this can explain why, I'd love to hear it, because I am obviously missing something obvious.

Bill

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center