scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Sun Aug 15 2004 04:37 PM
Earl Next Threat

Everyone almost should get a point for predicting a turn to the n and having no affect on land for Danielle. Earl is really going to be alot tuffer call.
With charley it was soo easy to predict with a mega trough for this time of year over the central gulf and eastern seaboard. My 5 day forcast ended him up just 25miles south of my sarasota landfall area. Called for a Cat 3 but didnt expect 145 especially that rapid ints during the day. Pretty close though.
Wont give a 5 day forcast yet on Earl cause outside of the Yucitan, I dont think U.S. landfall will happen in 5 days.
Earl cant go much faster as it is now. He should start to slow some once it gets near Jamaica Tuesday morning and become a hurricane by then or maybe sooner. He will not become a hurricane within the next24 hours unless recon finds a down burst of wind of that speed or higher. Expecting Monday night or Tuesday on this. I do expect him to stay south of Jamaica and head into the Yucitan on Weds evening. By thurs emerge off the NW area of the Yucitan.
A series a short waves coming out of the southern plains and into the nw gulf will I expect slow Earl down to almost a crawl. By late friday into next weekend a movement to the N followed by NNE or NE as he could be picked up and head towards the eastern gulf from Tampa north to New Orleans. Big spread and this isnt my forcast as of now after Weds. Just a guess. Will update this by monday night or Tuesday morning on my 5 day run. Earl should be a strong cat 1 or more by weds night. After weakning over the Yucitan, a steady strengthning faze will begin once he pulls NW of there slowly. Anything after Weds is just speculation.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center