GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Sun Aug 15 2004 11:14 PM
Re: Models do not bode well right now for GOM...

Just took another look at EArl on the Infared 1/2 hour loops and although he is experiencing a diurnal cooling of cloud tops. He looks enormous in total diameter. I am hoping to see him downgraded to a use-to-was tomorrow. Of course I am going to prepare as though he was taking dead aim at polk county. I am hearing really, heart wrenching stories around here of people who evacuated to our area to escape Tampa only to have roofs blown off of the places they escaped to and I talked to a woman earlier today in line at a Grocery store who had driven 44 miles to get ice. It is hard not to feel somewhat guilty when our lights did not even go off. Grateful and guilty.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center