Tropics Guy
(Storm Tracker)
Tue Aug 17 2004 12:35 AM
Re: Charley aftermath, Earl and new wave

Just wanted to thank MIke, ED & all the moderators(HF & Phil) on this forum for keeping the site up and running during Charley, it was extremely busy and a few times I couldn't get on probably due to system overload, but of course that can be expected during an emergency situation like we had.
Here in Southeast Fla. we are all breathing a sigh of relief that we dodged this one, and of course we are all concerned with the situation in SW Fla, and feel for all the folks there, many of them retired who came to FL to spend their last few years in peace and quiet, and now they have to rebuild their lives again.
Since Andrew the building code here in SE Fla is the strictest in the country, and there will probably be changes in the codes on the west coast of Fla now too. It remains to be seen if they wiil continue to allow mobile homes in that area, the reason i'm saying that is since Andrew , there are few if any mobile homes in South Dade county now, they've been all replaced with Concrete block construction.
Anyway back on the tropics, think that Earl will regenerate in the NW Carib, cross the Yucatan then threaten either the mex/tex coast., also I think that we will see a new invest soon on the new CV wave that seems to be tracking more west than Danielle did at the development stage, also it is starting at a slightly lower latitude. 6 weeks of busy action ahead of us, hopefully no more US hits.

TG

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center