joepub1
(Storm Tracker)
Tue Aug 17 2004 05:07 PM
Re: Power back

All of Florida is still in a state of shock. The SW corner is in really bad shape, and needs a bye for the rest of the season. I work for Publix, and we have had 100 stores suffer affects from Charley, mostly from power problems, some from employees who have to find somewhere to live, but not much damage to our stores themselves (no stores put out of busness). I grade my store a "D" as far as being prepared for this; we found that when the person who orders the batteries is from Sweden, the word 'hurricane' doesn't exactly provoke fear from the guy. Lesson learned on that one. My store manager is now coming to me asking what I think of Earl and anything else out there. Kinda funny, he couldn't hear me last week.

Danielle is off to the fish, don't know what will be left in a few days or if any of it will threaten Europe. Earl ran himself out of the picture for the moment. I for one don't see anything coming from him that would harm the US.

In the Atlantic, at about 10N 30W NRL needs to put up an invest on that wave. It's in this season's favorite breeding ground and today seems to be pulling it's act together with a large blowup of convection. So far on my gut feeling scale, Charley pegged it early, Earl never did anything for me, but this one could be a problem. Ridge should rebuild nicely above her (Frances?) and a fish it will not be. If it stays weak, it stays low no matter what. Develops, and the islands as far north as PR could feel her. It seems that we are going to continue to pay a price for these low waves coming off of Africa; what is going on with that?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center