GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Wed Aug 18 2004 11:57 AM
Re: First Cane.

I am noticing that energy left over from Earl. Some of it has crossed Central America, some of it hasn;t. I checked the WV loops and the angles from both the Gulf Loop and the Caribbean loops are difficult to distinguish because they appear to be shot at different times and there is not any clear follow through. The energies following in the path of Earl and Charley also look threatening to me. The reason is this: My agency has lost power, use of its facilities in three counties. We have had employees sustain substantial losses and undergone substantial inconveniences like loss of water, loss of homes, loss of electricity, and no transportation. Every Thunderstorm we get adds to the misery and we are still getting those. I am working (Thank God) but I am working with no staff back up and I am working with people who are traumatized by this storm. The jails are full, the hospitals are full, and the treatment centers and service centers are crippled. We were on the lucky end of the storm compared to Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte. Having said all this. I am extremely nervous about the least little cloud that pops up in the GOM and BOC, not to mention the waves coming out of Africa. The worst thing in the world is the local media saying, Earl is history. It gives a false sense of comfort. A storm by any other name could be Andrew, Charley, Donna, Opal, Fredrick, Josephine, Erin, David, Gabrielle, or no name from winter 1993. In every case, no one expected it to be that bad(almost no one) in every case people who were as prepared as they knew how to be, got hit and suffered anyway. Please, Please, meterologists on here who have any knowledge at all, please let us know as soon as you suspect anything. We who want to be prepared need to have at least one piece of peace of mind, and that is that we did every thing we knew to do to prepare.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center