GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Sat Aug 21 2004 12:50 AM
Re: next week

This time last week I was worn out, sure that we had survived the worst at our house and worried about our friends to the east. I am magnetically drawn to the loops and slightest color in the infrared satellites. I noticed tonight which I am sure is part coincidence and part nature, that the areas that were free from thunderstorm clouds on the still satellite pix, were the hardest hit areas from last week's storm. Coincidence and expenditure of heat energy in the atmosphere?
I mowed my 3 and 4 foot lawn, tonight after dinner. I noticed that there were no sounds of cicadas and that this was one of the loudest noises I was aware of last week prior to the storm, particularly Thursday night. I saw a rain frog while coming in after dark tonight. There was a lot of heat lightning. There are some snails that are crawling and hooking to the garage door. The last storm effected us mostly from the Northeast. The position of the snails on the house tell me they know something is up maybe coming from the Southeast this time. My insects and animals do not run scrawls at the bottom of the TV set saying where the weather is going to be, but they do indicate storms will be, and to some extent how strong they will be. I don't think the snails are lost for a minute. They know something is up. They just have not indicated when or how soon, except that they are already getting prepared for it. That's my opinion and I am sticking to it.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center