Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Mon Aug 23 2004 08:50 PM
Re: is the cape verde way a real slow mover?

that's a real interesting post Steve... that's one of the unique approaches that I like about Joe B, quintessential example of "thinking out of the box" ..... and if it comes to fruition things could get cranking hot and heavy in the GOM during the remainder of the season... I don't see anything happening any time soon but things can and do change often this time of the year.... the next 6-8 weeks could be quite a show.... hope its not too much a show though..

for today however, all we really have is the 96L invest, and chances are it will be a fish spinner more than likely... a weak wave in the western Caribbean not doing much, and finally a cluster of thunderstorms in the Bahamas.... which initially looked to be part of some type of ULL feature... regardless, neither of these two areas closest to the CONUS are going to develop, and if they did, it would be slow process... so I don't see any real threat to the US for at least another week or so....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center