Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Wed Aug 25 2004 01:37 PM
Not that impressive at the moment

System doesn't look all that impressive at the moment... as stated on an earlier post, and probably most would agree, the weaker the system, and longer time it takes to develop, the more west it will go... still to early to call.... However, there is always the possibility that the system never meets its intensity forecasts.... until much later in the track... which of course would make for an interesting development... and of course, it may not develop at all... there is NOTHING certain about tropical systems.... except of course everyone's speculation on where they are going to go, and how strong they will become... mother nature just does not listen to us very much does she...

Let me add that in my opinion I do believe this system will develop and become a hurricane.... I think it has too much going for it not to become one... its does have rather a large circulation and moving at a nice speed for development.... still not sure where it will end up... and I'm still sticking to my 50/50 chance for it to spin or hit the islands.... of course this will change over time...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center