alan
(Weather Hobbyist)
Wed Aug 25 2004 06:05 PM
Re: Spin off Fla

You sure wouldn't think that anything tropical was forming near Florida. I was out about 25 miles in the Atlantic out of Port Canaveral yesterday and there was not a breeze or a wave to be found. I thought I was on a lake.

As to TD6, that has got to be the best looking tropical depression I have ever seen.

And, not to compare tracks, but Andrew started as a depression about where Frances is, dropped to a wave, moved northwest above the islands and then flattened out to move due west into Florida. That's a long, long way off, and I'm NOT saying it's going to follow Andrew, just saying to look at the analogies and that if models are saying it may not be a fishspinner, we need to watch it.

andrew was never operationally declassified from tropical storm, FYI. but yeah, that's pretty much the track. -HF

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center