Clark
(Meteorologist)
Fri Aug 27 2004 05:43 AM
Re: Frances in Florida?

Steve - I definitely agree. Five canes isn't a longshot by any means. We've already had a couple. Three or four are more likely of course, but you never know. Seems like every year brings something new and historic these days -- whether it's wrong-way Lenny & Floyd in 1999; or the extra-long season, Fabian/Isabel, and April Ana in 2003; or Alex & Charley in 2004. That doesn't even include the S. Atlantic storm...

The best track info I have for Bret says it weakened to a cat 3 just before landfall.

Re: FSU GRAD -- We've got 10 and a half days at least before the FSU-UM football game would be affected - and to tell the truth, if the storm hits South Florida, I think it'll be closer to 8 days away instead of 10. It'll take longer if it recurves, less time if it heads straight towards Florida. There are more important things to worry about regarding that game for FSU!

BTW, a note to the mods/site admins: the advisory info for Frances on the side of the page is coming up with an east longitude, at least on my end. Probably a problem in the NHC's data somewhere that is causing something to hiccup or something and not really important, but just something I noticed.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center