joepub1
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Aug 27 2004 05:11 PM
Re: Northward Wobble!

Thought I'd throw in my two cents worth.

I'll start with 98L. It shares one thing in common with 97L; that is it's convection is lined up from SW to NE and a bit to SE of the broad center. And the center is still very large, I don't see signs of a tight LLC yet. Of the three, it's easily the weakest , but in an interesting spot. I think this one gets caught above the ridge and really doesn't threaten anybody. Something to watch anyway.

97L is one that's real close to the house. Looking much better this afternoon, I'd give it a 70% chance of becoming a TS. I've already had one encounter with this system, just as it passed off of Jax and started spinning it dumped about 4 inches of rain in about a two hour time period on my house. We had not seen a steady downpour without the thunder and lightning like this all summer, so I think it has a good bit of energy going for it. It's convection is getting closer to the center, and if it drifts southeastward and then goes west I might get a return of the rain, this time with a name.

Wasn't Frances a talking mule in some movie?

Now that I got my cheap shot at her in, this Frances seems more like a humming buzzsaw. Yes, she took a jog almost due north for a few frames, but has settled back into a NW direction, which means she's going exactly where she supposed to go. The NHC has started looking out beyond 5 days, and they don't like what they see. This ridge looks to be strong after 48 hours, in fact, it's as weak as it's going to get at this moment. If ( big if) it builds all the back to the SE coast, then it doesn't really matter if Frances get's to 18N or 22N, she's only going so far before she has no choice but to haul butt west. Whole east coast is in question, it will take a few more days to narrow this one down. Gut feeling is this will hit land on a WNW track, making no one safe until she passes north of you.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center